We have set a very high level of ambition for Europe in environmental terms. Now Europe must become a global standards setter in order to promote sustainable patterns of production and consumption.
In order to achieve a new model of circular economy, I propose Parliament to work on the following priorities:
- Define different categories of products
- Stronger enforcement of existing rules
- Better information to consumers
- Fight against planned obsolescence
- Green public procurement
- Foster culture of reuse and repair
Now we will keep pushing on the Commission so that it presents new legislative proposals to enact our ambitions for a more sustainable Europe.